Descendants of William Guinup
Back to seven generations plus
WILLIAM (GUYNNUP) GUINUP, (b. ca. 1758 - aft.1800) m. bef. 1785 to Lurana (?). William and wife had five children.
Children of William and Lurana:
- Bichard Guinup, (1786 - 1842) m. Maria
- John Guinup (aft. 1786 - 1812) m. Anna .
- Thomas Guinup Sr. (aft.1786 - ____ ) m. _______________.
- Mary Guinup (1799 - ____ ) m. Ezkeil Comstock.
- William Guinup Jr.(1803 - ____ ) m. _______________.
BICHARD GUINUP, born 1786 in VT., died 1842 in Chazy, NY. m. Maria, 1816. They had one child.
Children of Bichard and Maria:
- Johnson William Guinup (1817 - aft. 1865) m. Mary Jane Darough
JOHNSON WILLIAM GUINUP, born 1817 in Chazy, Clinton County NY, and m. 1839, to Mary Jane Darough, born 1823 in Canada. She died after 1865. They had ten children.
Children of Johnson and Mary:
- Lucius Henry Guinup. (1839 - 1924) m.1st Lodema Watson, m. 2nd Mary Ann Watson.
- Mariah Guinup ( 1842 - 1930 )m. Sam Long m. Steve Moss
- Carolyn Guinup ( aft 1843 - ) m. Foster
- Dexter Guinup ( 1848 - )
- Clista M. Guinup (1850 - ) m. Westley Merritt
- Harriett Guinup (1852 - )m. ,, Record
- Corinthia Guinup ( 1854 - )
- Josephine Guinup ( 1857 - )
- Wallace Guinup ( 1859 - )
- George Guinup ( 1862 - 1943)m. Harriet Johnson
LUCIUS HENRY GUINUP, born in Fine, NY, August 10, 1839 and died April 23, 1924, m. in 1861 1s,t, Lodema Watson born in Town of Fine, St. Lawrence Co., NY, June 17, 1843 and died June 25, 1868 [d/o William Harrison Watson and wife Mary O. Baker] m. 2nd on July 20,1869, Mary Ann Watson, born in Town of Fine, St. Lawrence Co., NY, April 18, 1851 and died January 9, 1936 [younger sister of Lodema Watson - Guinup after Lodemas death and the birth of her fourth child], Each of the sisters had four children with Lucius Henry. Lucius and Mary Ann are buried at Woodland Cemetery, Fine, St. Lawrence Co., NY
Children of Lucius Henry and Lodema:
- William Henry Guinup, born April 19, 1862 m/d aft 1904 m. Mary Ellen Moses
- Ida Jane Guinup, Born April 10, 1864 and died January 14, 1866
- Dexter Fayette Guinup, born November 18, 1865 and died April 2, 1866
- Lorenzo Guinup, (1867 - abt. 1950) m. 1st Esther May Stephens, m. 2nd in Syracuse, NY
Children of Lucius Henry and Mary Ann:
- Emma Guinup born August 13, 1870 and died aft 1900, m. abt. 1890 John A. Bell.
- Alvin Edgar Guinup born November 25, 1871 and died February 18, 1924, m. 1894 Celia Guinup, m. abt. 1914 Gertrude Failing-French.
- Minnie Isabelle Guinup born July 23, 1873 and died July 11, 1960, m. July 23, 1898, Donald Woodworth.
- Warren Guinup born December 31, 1876 and died August 9, 1962, m. Nellie Silsby.
LORENZO GUINUP born in the Town of Fine NY area on June 12, 1867 and died about 1950 in the Syracuse NY area. m. 1st in August 1885, Esther May Stephens born September 22, 1867 in the Town of Fine, St. Lawrence Co., NY and died June 9, 1956 in Gloversville, Fulton County, NY. [d/o Clement Stephens and wife Mary Hannah Marsh] They had three children and were divorced September 11, 1900. Esther re-married March 31, 1902 to Mattison Abner Kitts born January 8, 1863 in Fowler, NY and died May 29,1930 at Caroga Lake, NY. They had no children but he was the father to Esthers. Lorenzo re-married about 1900 in the Syracuse NY area and had several daughters by that union. Mattison "read the law" in the Fine NY area and operated the Kitts Insurance Agency in Gloversville, NY. Lorenzo was a blacksmith in the Fine, NY area and worked for the railroad in the Syracuse, NY area.
Children of Lorenzo and Esther May:
- Ona Isabelle Guinup Born in Fine NY on March 29, 1887. She died July 24, 1978 at Watertown, NY. m. abt. 1907 to James Edgar Richmire and had two children.
- Harold Sanford Guinup born in the Town of Fine, NY August 16, 1894 and died in Gloversville, NY on December 3, 1981. M. on April 27, 1920 in Gloversville, NY, Mary Shutts. They had one daughter.
- Leila Annora Guinup, born in the Town of Fine, St. Lawrence Co., NY on September 7, 1896 and died in Gloversville, Fulton Co., NY, on June 25, 1982, m. Francis Mead Prentice. They had two children.
FRANCIS MEAD PRENTICE (1894 - 1968) m. 1st on April 15, 1922, Nellie Mae Wessels (1890 - 1928) [d/o Frederick Wessels and wife Katherine Pope of Endicott, NY]. m. 2nd on February 13, 1932, Leila Annora Guinup (1896 - 1982) [d/o Lorenzo Guinup and wife Esther May Stephens of Fine, NY]
Children of Francis and Nellie:
1. Eleanor Eileen b.1924, m. Gerald L. Weeks
- Paula Joan b. 1945 m. Philip Cacciatore
- Janet Lee b. 1947 m. Paul Hissin
- Brian Scott b. 1956 m. Treva ?
2. Gene Francis b. 1926 D.Y
3. Roger Ernest (1928 - 1992) m. Constance G. McCormick
- Edward b. 1946 m. Melinda McGuire, m. Chris Eveline Abbott
- David b. 1948 m. Peggy Williams
- Mary Kaye b. 1956 m. Jeff Bassett, m. Edward Bartholomew
- Gregory Francis b. 1958 m. Michelle May Gwendolyn
- James Roger b. 1960 m. Janet Elizabeth Lawton, m. Donna Marie Silvey
- Susan Elaine b. 1961 m. Timothy Snellings
Children of Francis and Leila:
1. Grant Mattison b. 1933 m. Gladys Alberta ODell
2. George Elwin b. 1936 m. Norma Jean Covert
- Jerilyn Elise b. 1966 m. James Fairman
- Jacquelyn Noelle b. 1971, m. Michael Patrick Fagan
- Carolynne Jean b. 1999
GRANT MATTISON PRENTICE b. 1933, m. on August 14, 1955 to Gladys Alberta ODell RN, b. 1933, [d/o Joseph Edwin ODell and wife Ruth Electa Mattison of Lake George, Warren County, NY] They had three children.
Children of Grant and Gladys:
1. Ericia Ann b. 1957 m. Scott Warren Mercer
2. Terry Lee b. 1958 m/d Barbara Ann Baker m. Jennifer Rebecca Doherty
- Julianne Elisabeth Prentice b. 2001
- Derik Andrew Doherty b. 1988
3. Roger Mead b. 1960 m. Mary Christine Payne
- Rebecca Marie b. 1988
- Matthew James b. 1994
Additions and/or correction are always welcome:
Grant M. Prentice
Return to Main Page
last update 03/21/02